Thank you for your payment to sing with the JH Smith Community Choir for the Spring 2024 season! We look forward to seeing you at our first rehearsal on Monday, January 15, 2024. A music packet with your name will be available and can be picked up at a table on the upper level of the FZS Commons area to the left of the doors you enter. If you did not receive the information sheet after your registration, you can find it all below.
President, Choral Society of St. Charles County and
JH Smith Community Choir
Welcome to the JH Smith Community Choir
The JH Smith Community Choir is a non-auditioned community chorus based in St. Peters made up of singers from the St. Louis MO metro area. It is open to singers of all musical backgrounds high school age and up. We perform at the Ft. Zumwalt South High School auditorium, and present two concerts each year. In addition, we usually perform at two local senior centers. We are thrilled to currently have the very talented Mr. Jason Martin as our musical director.
- Each Monday, 7-9PM at Fort Zumwalt South High School commons/cafeteria (map/directions below)
- On-time attendance is expected for rehearsals and performances
- In the event a singer misses more than three rehearsals planned or unplanned, permission of the Director to continue singing with the choir is required
- Singer must notify their section leader of any unplanned absences
- $50 per season if paid by check or cash – checks can be mailed to:
Mr. Don Holt – Treasurer
404 Barn Swallow Dr.
Lake St. Louis, MO 63367
- $51.50 if purchased Online with Credit or Debit Card
- $25 for students (high school/college up to age 21)
- Deadline for pre-payment for Spring 2024 has not been set but will be communicated no later this fall. Stay tuned!
Concert Dress and Music Folder
- Black tuxedo with cummerbund, white tuxedo shirt with black buttons and black bow tie. If you do not own a tuxedo, we will be presenting options and pricing. We can outfit you for approximately $110.
- Black dress pants with short-sleeved or three-quarter sleeved top. New members will purchase this outfit. Price: Approximately $100 - $120
- All choir members are required to purchase a black music folder prior to concert dress rehearsal. The following links are possible stores to purchase one. They need to be around 12” tall to accommodate the larger print music. Also, no folders with three-ring binders are allowed as we cannot punch holes in our music. These folders run between $20-$25.
- Standard, non-detachable strap: https://www.musicfolder.com/the-black-folder
- Deluxe, detachable strap: https://www.musicfolder.com/deluxe-black-folder
- This one from Amazon is more expensive but has a hand strap: https://www.amazon.com/MSP-Elastic-Music-Sheet-Holder/dp/B07PT9C31R/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3HOQAE0G7HI6W&keywords=music%2Bfolders%2Bfor%2Bchoirs%2Bblack&qid=1681319457&sprefix=music%2Bfolder%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-3&th=1
- For those performances at other venues such as retirement homes, we request you purchase our polo shirt that has our logo on it, allowing for a consistent look to our singers. These polos will cost approximately $30-32
Important dates to remember for the Fall session:
- PLEASE SEE THE CHOIR CALENDAR ON OUR WEBSITE FOR ALL DATES/TIMES
- First rehearsal for our Spring 2024 is Monday, January 15th at 6:45pm in the FZS Commons area (map below)
In Case Of Inclement Weather
- Closings are posted on the Fort Zumwalt School District website: fz.k12.mo.us
- Also to Facebook (like FZSchools) and Twitter (follow @FZSchools)
Fort Zumwalt South High (8050 Mexico Rd., St. Peters, MO 63376). We meet in the commons/cafeteria. The door is indicated by the area. This is on the west side and is entered from Belleau Creed Rd. Please park in the west-side parking lot. If you have a physical restriction, please use the east-side parking lot (Mexico Rd. side) and enter along the side door and use the ramp down to the commons area.